Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Time for a New Challenge at Shopping Our Stash!!!

It's Chris's turn to host Challenge #353 at Shopping Our Stash and she chose Chanson Papillon  which means add a Butterfly or more on your project. I love butterflies and one of the stash items is butterfly dies that I have had for a while but haven't had a chance to use them yet.


When I found the turquoise swirl gems in my stash I just had to use Tempting Turquoise for my base. I have had the Eyelet Outlet gems in my stash for over a year. 



The triple butterfly die is three different sized meant to be stacked, I edged them in peacock feathers distress oxide ink, flat attached the largest and popped the medium and small butterfly on top. 


The sentiment is a very old Hero Arts stamp and gets summoned into service when a vertical sentiment is required. I had an extra butterfly die cut and added it to the inside.

Well not a huge amount of stash bustin' here, I probably have much older butterfly stamps and dies but just opening the gem swirls is good for me because they are so pretty and I tend to hoard pretty things. Now you have seen what I have made I hope you will head over to the MAIN BLOG and see what the rest of the design team have made. 
I would like to enter this in:


Thanks for stopping by today and have a creative day!!

4 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Sooooo many beautiful butterflies on this card! That border is amazing, but the triple decker butterfly is over the top gorgeous!

Donna said...

Love that butterfly edge die Barb!
And the blue is so pretty with the white!
Well done!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Barbara, that butterfly edge is dreamy, gorgeous!!
The other butterfly, with it's layered wings took my breath away, love the blue sponging on the edges.
Fabulously beautiful card.
Hugs.

Mimi said...

Oh my hot butterfly! This is gorgeous... I'm totally in awe of how you popped up the butterfly wings on that trim. And yay for using the extra butterfly on the inside (where it looks awesome) instead of adding it to your stash! I have swirl gems, too... From years ago... Hmmm...