Tuesday, April 3, 2018

What is Black & White & ONE other Colour? The Challenge at SOS

Challenge # 348 at Shopping Our Stash is ~~ Black and White and one other colour. Oh the possibilities. I love black & white cards but usually team it with RED but today I really strayed from the norm. 


I haven't used this butterfly stamp in a long time, it's probably 15 years old and from a company that has been sold but a lot of their stamps are still available at The Frogs Whiskers There is a die that goes with the stamp but I chose to fussy cut it out.  The butterflies were stamped in versafine black and embossed in clear embossing powder before colouing with a single copic marker.  The long rectangle spellbinders dies are rarely out of the box but I used them for this image. Patterned paper was bought earlier this year at the local dollar + store. The yellow accent cardstock was a scrap from the file folder box. Ribbon although still available from Stampin'up has been in my ribbon box for many years.


Close up to how how I elevated three of the butterflies.


Semi-finished inside, I decided I was very low on some generic cards that can be used for multiple occasions, I think it would work as a Sympathy, thinking of you, get well and even a birthday card. I even think you could send it to a man.

Thanks for coming by today and I am so looking forward to see what you add to black and white to make a card for our challenge. Don't forget to head over to the Main Blog and see what extra colour the rest of the design team have used.

5 comments:

lauren bergold said...

i like to leave some "uncommitted" cards without sentiments as well and this is a perfect choice bc you really could send this to ANYONE for any occasion! so gorgeous! i love that you fussycut the butters and lifted a few of them... absolute perfection! ♥

Chris Dring said...

Such a lovely card! Those butterflies are so pretty and I love that you popped up a few of them for more dimension!

Mimi said...

Hi Barbara! Your title was perfect! Ha! Wow-- the elevated butterflies look awesome! I agree, you could use this for many occasions-- a great one to have on hand. Beautiful.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh those butterflies are just gorgeous!
Fab job Missus!!

Lindsey said...

Very pretty! (I thought your go-to colour would be purple and MINE would be red...) ;)