Thursday, April 12, 2018

Orange Inspiration is the Name of the Game at the Jingle Belles!!!

Orange you glad it's Christmas at the Jingle Belles Rock challenge. There is an inspiration picture on the blog and who would have thought you could find one with orange in the picture, that being said Orange is not one of my go to colours but for Christmas? never!!! but I managed to find some patterned paper with guess what? Orange in it.  I haven't a clue why I would buy it let alone make sure I had two of them. Here is what I picked out of the inspiration picture to use.


Below you will find the inspiration picture. I chose the white tree, the orange ribbon and green ornaments on the tree, The bakers twine I used is ornage and white striped like the jars on the mantle and the white frame around the tree is picked from the design on the blanket at the bottom of the picture. the window also reminded me of the mantle and the shelves and of course the orange.


Next is a closeup of the tree.

I took some tiny pearls and coloured them with a green copic marker 


finished the inside with a favourite sentiment well the one that was still on my table from the last Christmas card I made lol. 

I'm entering this in:
The Jingle Belles Rock ~~ Orange you glad it's Christmas

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm totally with you... orange for Christmas? But you totally nailed it! Such a pretty card and not at all obvious that you HAD to use orange. ;)

Mimi said...

Wow-- amazing job on the JB inspiration photo! You win!

SmilynStef said...

Love your twine garland on your tree ... and so glad that paper finally found a home ... that's for getting ORANGE for Christmas with Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! that twine garland is BRILLIANT!!!!!! oh you're sooooooo clever! i totally want to re-do my tree now!!! love that background paper, it is PERFECT for this... you must've had a premonition when you bought it, lol! ;) this is SUCH a great take on the inspo pic... srsly... WOW! ♥♥♥

Lorraine said...

Wow! You simply had the perfect background paper for this. Love the twine garland - ties it all together wonderfully.