Monday, September 12, 2016

What's White all over with a Touch of Red and shakes? A Challenge or two!!!

I love making shaker cards and today's card is brought to you by a pair of great challenge prompts. Just Us Girls ~~ Sequins (I rarely use them) and 52 Week Christmas card Throwdown ~~ White with a sprinkling of Red. I've been hoarding sequins for a couple of years I'm never sure how to use them or how many to put on a card, I'm in awe of people that use them for me it seems the only use is a shaker card. I'm behind on my Holiday cards so I need to get busy an make at least two a week or I won't have enough for mailing. Here is my holiday shaker.



I used Vertical Birch Trees Card Panel from Frantic Stamper Inc. I bought it this year at Scrapfest Kitchener. The cardinals are from another birch tree die that has two cardinal dies from Impression Obssession I love both dies but the card panel is perfect for a shaker but very tedious cutting the narrow foam tape in half as the edges are very narrow. White and a few red sequins used to fill the shaker.


Close up of the sequins.


The base and the backing for the shaker is shimmer cardstock, for the birch trees I used a natural white cardstock The sentiment is from Impression Obsession Inc.

Challenges I'm entering:



52 Christmas Card Throwdown 

Merry Monday #213 Inspiration challenge (I went with Red and White colours)


Thanks for stopping by and visiting today and since it's Monday have a fabulous week!!!

24 comments:

Mimi said...

OMG, you need my address? Cuz I LOVE this!!! No cardinals out west, but I saw them in Maryland two summers ago and am obsessed. This is beautiful.

Bonnie said...

So pretty, Barbara! You have inspired me to get out my die! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Linda said...

Beautiful shaker card, Barbara. Lovely birch trees with the pops of red. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Lucille K said...

Such a pretty Christmas card. Love those little red cardinals :)

Jean said...

Great take on the challenges!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love, love, love this card, Barb! Beautiful tree die, beautiful red cardinals, and of course you know I love shaker cards! The inside looks great too - I love that sentiment! I am most likely going to CASE this card - I have a similar birch tree die that I haven't used yet! Thank you for the inspiration!

Christine Alexander said...

love the die cut looks awesome with the clean white and red layout. Awesome card

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Barbara, and who doesn't LOVE a shaker card?!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Mondays! :0)

Chris Dring said...

I am sooooo casing this card!!! Barb, this is GORGEOUS!! Love it! And thank you for joining the fun at Just Us Girls!

jasann said...

Love your card Barbara, just so sweet, love the birch trees and sweet little red birds!!

Donna Schnees said...

Gorgeous card love the birds and that it is a shaker card! I have not made any shaker cards, thanks for the inpiration!!

Tracy said...

Your card is so pretty.
I like the white with the pop of red from the birds.
I love that you made it into a shaker card, pretty and fun :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your birch tree shaker! So gorgeous with the red cardinals!!

KimCreate said...

Very pretty card! Lovin the birch trees and sequins!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning, I love your beautiful shaker card. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lisa Kind said...

Love this card! The white birch trees really make those lovely red birds pop! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Dawn said...

I love shaker cards and this is just fantastic and I love the pops of red. X

Windy Ellard said...

What beautiful details you have and patience! Love the shaker/sequins element here! Thanks for the inspiration!

Robyn Oliver said...

Super Christmas shaker card Barbara, gorgeous white and red card

Fabiola said...

c'est magnifique Barbara, ce thème associé avec une shaker card est très réussi, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous shaker card. Love the red and white together!

Bunny said...

Beautiful shaker card. I love the little cardinals. They really pop on that white.

JanR said...

Lovely card! I adore shaker cards.

Mimi said...

Congrats on your spotlighted win! Much deserved!!!