Monday, April 11, 2016

How do the Jingle Belles Celebrate Earth Day?

The Jingle Belles have an Earth Day challenge every year and want you to recycle something and put it on your project.  I had a plan but the weekend was so busy I didn't get it implemented but I had most of the things organized and got to work this morning. I started out with a Christmas card I received it is gorgeous, at first I thought I would just use part of the card but I couldn't bear to discard the beauty of it. I also found a one inch wide ribbon that was around a chocolate box from Christmas. It was a tad wrinkled when I untied the bow so I took a curling iron and smoothed it out. Here is my recycled card.


This card is so sparkly but doesn't show in the picture, The poinsettia was cut with a small Tim Holtz die and put together with a flower brad.


I cut the image with Labels 4 large die and the Early Expresso layer cut with Labels 4 small die.


Finished inside.

I would like to enter this in:

The Jingle Belles Christmas challenge Peace on Earth Day


Thanks for checking in to day. 



5 comments:

Donna said...

Very nice up-cycling of your card Barb!

Lindsey said...

What a great way to upcycle a worthy commercial card, Barb!

SmilynStef said...

I love how you spotlighted Santa ... so glad you celebrated EARTH day with us at Jingle Belles.

KatheD said...

this is beautiful, Barb, love the way you improved the card!

lauren bergold said...

oh that's beautiful, i don't blame you for using the whole cardfront... srsly... how could anyone cut into that, it's soooooo GORGEOUS! love the additions & the way you've made it your own! thanks for joining our celebration of earth day at JINGLE BELLES! ♥