Saturday, November 29, 2014

It’s Saturday and V is for Vintage at SoSS Challenge Blog

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and followers, and to all my other followers and friends enjoy your weekend.  I hope you have some time to check out the new challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, while there have a look at what the other sisters have created. So the challenge is V for Vintage, not one of my favourite ones as I struggle with vintage, it’s in the same area as Distressing but it might take a while but I get it done, here it is…..
IMG_2461
I used a Santa stamp from Rubber Stampede on vanilla cardstock, using the burnished velvet technique I covered it with Be Creative tape and Glitter Ritz clear warm tones. although you cant’ really tell unless you enlarge the image. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and one of my first stamps I bought. I layered it on gold paper from the dollar store (I stocked up on this shiny paper) The background is Cuttlebug embossing folder on a shiny off white paper. (have no clue where I got that from)
IMG_2462
Close up so you can see the glitter and the simmer on the snowflakes.
IMG_2463
Finished inside with a verse from Hero Arts that is embossed in gold.
Thanks for taking some time from your weekend to visit my blog and dig out all your vintage stamps and join in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers you just might be the Queen of Snark or maybe one of the princesses.

10 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous vintage image, Barb! Love the sparkle!

Lynn's Place said...

What a nice Santa...great job done here...tfs <((><

Donna said...

You don't give yourself enough credit for the way you can rock vintage and distressing lady! This is just gorgeous!

Chris Dring said...

I find it very hard to believe that you don't do vintage - just look at this gorgeous card!!! You NAILED it!

Lindsey said...

It may have taken you a while, but wow, the end result is worth it! What a gorgeous card.

Vicky Briggs said...

Great old Santa. Very beautiful card.
Vicky Briggs

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Stunning. Elegant. Well done.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Gorgeous card. I am going to have to read up on your stamping technique now.

Jessi Fogan said...

One of the most gorgeous techniques ever....perfect for this Santa!

Pamellia said...

Just gorgeous! Your Santa is exquisite, wow does he ever shimmer! I love that paper you used for the embossed panel, very Christmassy! Love it! hugs :)