Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Shopping our Stash Challenge #159 Wooden Ship


If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post just scroll down.
I hope everyone survived the Canada Day and 4th of July festivities, I had a great time at the cottage. It was very hot and humid but good for relaxing. This week at Shopping Our Stash we want you to break out the “wood” or use a wooden  sailing ship on your project. Can’t go wrong with that challenge, have fun and a masculine card for your stash.The stamp I used is old, so old it’s retired and it  was from Stampendous. I found the stamped image in my parts box so I didn’t even have to locate the stamp.
IMG_2253
I framed the image with a rick rack border, Using a scalloped circle and an inverted circle This frame shape was cut using both templates at the same time – the inverted scalloped circles was offset to make the frame look squiggly like ric-rac.  I love that look! I found this at Amazing Paper Grace. I stamped the Hardwood background stamp with Versafine Sepia on Crumb Cake, layered it on Early Expresso.
ClIMG_2254
Close up of the ship.
IMG_2255
Finished inside, The anchor is a Memory Box Die again from my stash that has never been used.
Thanks for stopping by today and  I hope you will join us for this fun challenge.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Gotta love finding a pre-stamped image that works perfectly for a challenge :)
I love this card! The wooden background stamp, the twine, the inside sentiment - awesome!

Lynn's Place said...

Love this card everything goes so great together...tfs

Lindsey said...

I'd say you have some seriously fine stash, Barbara. ;) This is a terrific masculine card -- and have to try that rick rack frame!

Tracy said...

Great card!!
I like how you matted the image, that is neat.
Love the wood stamped background

Jessi Fogan said...

Just PERFECT for a guy card! Love the woodgrain :)

Chris Dring said...

Wow, Barbara! Your card is absolutely amazing! Love the woodgrain background, that ship stamp and inside sentiment, and your squiggly frame is fantastic!