Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Save the Hooters……

Although breast cancer month is over this is one thing we should never stop checking. I made this card for my friend that has just finished chemo for breast cancer, I really wanted her to get it yesterday but the mail takes an extra day from home. 
The image is from Bugaboo Stamps and is Stella save the Hooters. I coloured with my prisma colour pencils and odourless mineral spirits. The sketch I used is from Catch the Bug Challenge Blog Stella says Sketch #146.
IMG_1805
I flipped the sketch left to right it just looked better that way. I used up some scraps of patterned paper from Stampin’up and ribbon I’ve had for years. the chipboard buckle I made a while ago when I was playing around with bic markers and some chipboard pieces that are ages old.
IMG_1808A close up of the buckle, it almost looks marbled.                                                   
               IMG_1806
Here is the inside of the card, I thought it needed a little extra so I added the punched flowers, I used more scraps of the patterned paper.
                         IMG_1807
I finally unpackaged the leaf punch, I am sure I have had it for 5 or more years, probably the “more” part. If I have time I love to decorate the inside of the cards, but almost always run out of time. I thought it just looked so pretty.
I am entering this in the Stella Says Sketch 146 at Catch the Bug Challenge blog. They are a happening challenge blog, no matter what day of the week you will find something to enter there.
Thanks for stopping by today and hope you had a creative Wednesday.

4 comments:

Laura W said...

This is perfect, she'll love it :)

Lynn's Place said...

Yes I love it and to see the real thing just makes it that much more awesome...fab job & TFS

Tracy said...

I got a chuckle out of that image.
Such a lovely card and I am sure your friend will love it.
Good luck to her :)
As per your reply to my post…I would take out as many books as the library would allow as well. Then I would ask to put on hold the ones I couldn't take out for next time :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! Keeping a sense of humour is so important to recovery - and there are precious few who are able to snort & giggle through such a tough time.